Find a Class
Update: March 26, 2020
NEW! Virtual Adult Classes: Register online below.
Summer Camps and Intensives: Register online below.
Spring Session: Registration is now closed.
Read our Privacy & Protection Policies.
About the class
"Experience Summer Training at CityDance" Online Audition Registration Steps:
1) Complete the CityDance Audition form using this LINK.
2) Email 2 photos to email@example.com (these do not need to be professional photos, they can be taken with your cell phone): a headshot, a full body shot of your dancer in tendu or arabesque (please have your dancer wearing their dance attire for this photo)
3) Email an audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org: **Dancers who competed a solo in YAGP or other dance competitions can submit a video link to their competition performance.
Videos requirements are different for each age category.
8 - 12 year old dancers should include the following:
• video from a dance class
• short video of improvisation or performance
12+ year old dancers should include the following:
• short ballet barre including: pliés, tendus, dégagés, rond de jambes, battements (right and left sides)
• short ballet center including: adagio, turns, jumps, reverence
pointe work if applicable
• short modern warm up of choice to include contractions (on floor or standing) and work in parallel
• contemporary across the floor of choice
• demonstration of any other genre you would like to share, if applicable
5) Once you complete the above steps, we will contact you to discuss next steps and placement!
For Contemporary Jazz classes:
- For girls: black leotard / For boys: black or white tight t-shirt
- Black dance shorts or black footless tights
- Bare feet
- Hair: Hair should always be pulled up and secured off the neck. For girls: Slicked mid or low bun or french twist.
- For Girls: Black leotard and pink tights / For boys: Fitted white t- shirt or tank and black men’s tights
- Ballet shoes
- Hair: Slicked mid or low bun / Short hair should always be pulled up and secured off the neck.
If you have any questions please call 240-242-3646.
We look forward to learning more about your dancer and welcoming them to CityDance classes!