Privacy & Protection Policies
Statement of Privacy
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you have comments or questions about out these policies, please email email@example.com or call (202) 347-3090 ext 1001.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, CityDance may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
If you purchase CityDance’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
For the purposes of class placements, CityDance may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as you or your child’s age and gender.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site; (f) adding a class to your cart. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
CityDance collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
CityDance may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from CityDance and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
CityDance does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
CityDance may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to CityDance, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
CityDance may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on CityDance or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of CityDance; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of CityDance, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by CityDance. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the CityDance website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
CityDance secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. CityDance uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
- Trustwave Certification
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
CityDance does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, CityDance may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from CityDance or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from CityDance, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button..
Changes to this Statement
CityDance welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that CityDance has not adhered to this Statement, please contact CityDance at:
CityDance Ensemble Inc
4000 Albemarle Street NW Suite 304
Washington, District of Columbia 20016
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 2023473909
Solicitation Disclosure Statement
A copy of our current financial statement is available upon request by contacting CityDance at 4000 Albemarle Street, NW, Suite 304 | Washington, DC 20016. Documents and information submitted to the state of Maryland under the Maryland Charitable Solicitations Act are available from the office of the secretary of state for the cost of copying and postage. Documents and information submitted to the District of Columbia are available from the office of the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs.
CityDance is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. The types of donor information the organization collects and maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number and email address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
CityDance uses donors’ information to understand donor interests in our mission and to update donors on the organization’s plans and activities. It is shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants only on a “need-to-know” basis. The organization also assures donors that their names and addresses will not be shared with any third party.
In performing their duties, CityDance staff and board members are privy to information about individuals and families, such as giving history, assets, wealth and family relationships. This is especially true for staff and board members involved in fundraising and development activities. Due to the sensitivity of this information, it is important that all CityDance staff and board members adhere to the policy that information shared with them remains confidential, is not discussed with others in private or public settings, and is not disclosed or used for any other purposes.
If you have comments or questions about out these policies, please email Larkin Cohan at email@example.com or call (202) 347-3909 ext 1004.
Data Protection Policy (full)
|Last updated||October 27, 2018|
Data Protection Principles
CityDance is committed to protecting personally identifiable information by ensuring that data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
- All data processed by CityDance must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in CityDance’s systems.
Data Minimisation & Accuracy
- CityDance shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- CityDance shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
Archiving & Removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, CityDance shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
Security & Breach
- CityDance shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorized sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate backup and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, CityDance shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report the breach.