CityDance Conservatory is an audition-entry program that selects students based on evaluated potential, technical accomplishments, and proven determination to pursue professional careers in dance. We are intentional in our intake and evaluation process to assess talent on an individual basis, taking into account each student’s past training as well as their goals and aspirations. While we do allow for rolling admissions in our year-round program, entering CityDance Conservatory during our Summer Intensives or in September at the outset of a new season is ideal in order to maximize training, growth, and performance opportunities.
A limited amount of merit scholarships are available for students whose talent and commitment are at the highest level. Scholarships are available to Conservatory students, across all genres, and at the discretion of Founding Artistic Director, Lorraine Spiegler.
Audition for 2023 Summer Intensives!
Scroll down for details about in-person and video auditions.
It’s not too late to audition for our 2023 summer programs! Interested dancers may now drop in for a weekly class at CityDance Conservatory which will serve as an in-person audition. Complete the steps below to schedule your audition today!
In-Person Audition for New Dancers (not current Conservatory students)
To register for these audition dates please follow these steps:
- Complete the CityDance Audition form using this LINK.
- You will then receive an invoice for $50 to finalize your registration for the audition.
- Email your headshot and full-body dance photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offering rolling video auditions for 2023 Summer Intensives.
Video Audition for New Dancers (not current Conservatory students)
Complete the CityDance Audition form using this LINK and follow the steps below to complete your video audition.
Video requirements for each age category:
- Video from a dance class
- Short video of improvisation or performance
- Short ballet barre: pliés, battements tendus simples, battements jetés, rond de jambes par terre and en l’air, frappés, fondus, grands battements (right and left) etc.
- Short ballet center: Port de bras, développe, glissade, pas de bourrée, pirouettes, petit and grand jetés, sissonne, assemblé, pas de chat, pas de basque, pas de bourrée, pirouettes, sissonnes, etc.
- Pointe work if applicable
- Short modern warm-up to include floor work with contractions, spirals, and leg extensions and center technique work using a parallel base
- Contemporary movement phrases, sequences and/or progressions
- Demonstration of any other genre you would like to share, if applicable
Dancers who competed with a solo in YAGP, or other dance competitions, can also send a video link of their competition performance. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes, or skin-toned tights and skin-toned shoes (if applicable: pointe shoes for pointe class)
- White fitted shirt, black tights and black ballet slippers or white ballet slippers with white socks
- Hair must be in a neat bun or secured out of the face and off of the neck
- Black leotard, black fitted dance shorts; black jazz shoes or bare feet
- Black or white fitted shirt, black biker shorts; black jazz shoes or bare feet
- Hair must be in a bun or twist, secured out of the face and off of the neck