School and Conservatory
CityDance Summer Intensives 2018
Intensives run from June 18 - Aug 24, 2018.
Spend a dynamic summer studying with directors and artists from Dance Theatre of Harlem, Koresh Dance Company, Bruce Wood Dance and ICONS, as well as, award-winning contemporary choreographers, CityDance Conservatory Ballet Master Stanislav Issaev and other renowned Vaganova teachers.
Our signature structure of 1 - 2 week intensives with each professional company or artist, allows young dancers to tailor their summer training to participate in one or all of these summer experiences.
Led by Artistic Director Lorraine Spiegler, CityDance prepares young dancers for 21st century careers with specialized training, rich performance opportunities, and strong connections to the professional dance world.
Intensives are ideal for serious dancers, ages 8-20, interested in a challenging exploration of classical and contemporary training with daily classes in ballet, pointe, pas de deux, modern, contemporary, jazz, and African culminating in an end of intensive performance. Other highlights include masterclasses with guest artists and choreography workshops.
Conservatory Back to Dance
August 13- August 24 (2 weeks)
(M-F) 4:30 - 8:45pm
CityDance School & Conservatory at Strathmore
$600 for full program (Drop In Classes Available)
Ballet Technique Class: 4:30 - 6:00pm
Pointe Technique Class: 6:00 - 7:00pm
Contemporary Technique: 7:15 - 8:45pm
Once a dancer is accepted in to an Intensive, they must pay $100 per program to secure their spot.
$500 is due by April 1 to secure Early Bird Pricing
Balance is due by Day 1 of each program.
• short ballet barre including: pliés, tendus, dégagés, rond de jambes, battements (right and left sides)
• short ballet center including: adagio, turns, jumps, reverence
pointe work if applicable
• short modern warm up of choice to include contractions (on floor or standing) and work in parallel
• contemporary across the floor of choice
• demonstration of any other genre you would like to share, if applicable
• a classical variation or contemporary solo, if available