Location: DC / Friendship Heights
Please note for in-person classes, no person aged 12 and up will be allowed to enter the building without submitting proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test. See below for our full COVID-19 Policy.
About This Class
Learn the basics and history of the Black American art form of tap dance in this beginning class with Stephanie Vadala. With a focus on timing and basic tap vocabulary, students will learn how to create rhythm with their feet while building strength and core awareness through combinations set to a variety of music.
The next session consists of 6 weeks, Monday, April 25th, 2022 through Monday, June 6th, 2022. Classes will not be held during Memorial Day Weekend, Friday May 27th, 2022 through Monday, May 29th, 2022.
In-Person Session: $81 / 6 weeks
Online Session: $60 / 6 weeks
In-Person Drop-In: $15
NO CLASS 5/30
Online Drop-In: $13
NO CLASS 5/30
This class is taught in a hybrid format, meaning all classes will be simultaneously live-streamed through zoom. By signing up for this class, students acknowledge the possibility of being on camera during these broadcasts and authorize CityDance to use their likeness for said broadcast.
This is an in-person class at CityDance @ Friendship Heights, 5207 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington DC 20015.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, CityDance has implemented the following policies for the health and well-being of all our adult students:
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test is required to attend all in-person classes and workshops.
- Pre-registration is required for all in-person classes and workshops.
- Masks are required at all times while in the building, including during class.
View our full COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan HERE. We are continually reassessing the external environment and will update our COVID-19 policies as the situation evolves.
This class is taught in a hybrid format, meaning all classes are live-streamed simultaneously during a live in-person class. By signing up for this class, students acknowledge that they are sharing the class experience with in-person students and will not be receiving a virtual-only class experience.
Registration is for 1 enrollment per person.
How will this work?
- Register for the class using the link above.
- Upon receiving your confirmation receipt, you will receive a second email with the Zoom Meeting Link.
- Happy Dancing!
To prepare for the class:
- Download the Zoom app on your computer, phone, or device.
- Clear space for you to move freely and safely.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for your space.
If the class has low attendance, it may be subject to cancellation.