Location: DC / Friendship Heights
Please note for in-person classes, no person aged 12 and up will be allowed to enter the building without submitting proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test. See below for our full COVID-19 Policy.
About This Class
Afrobeats dance is a diverse and fascinating style originating predominantly from Sub-Saharan Africa. It is an evolution from traditional African dance styles following the creation of Afrobeats music. The dance style was developed as a response to the genre’s incredibly energetic and upbeat rhythm. It’s a fast-paced, fun style of dance that works every part of the body.
The next session consists of 6 weeks, Saturday, April 23rd, 2022 through Saturday, June 4th, 2022. Classes will not be held during Spring Break, Monday, April 11th, 2022 through Sunday, April 17th, 2022 or Memorial Day Weekend, Friday May 27th, 2022 through Monday, May 29th, 2022.
In-Person Session: $81 / 6 weeks
Online Session: $60 / 6 weeks
In-Person Drop-In: $15
NO CLASS 5/28
Online Drop-In: $13
NO CLASS 5/28
This class is taught in a hybrid format, meaning all classes will be simultaneously live-streamed through zoom. By signing up for this class, students acknowledge the possibility of being on camera during these broadcasts and authorize CityDance to use their likeness for said broadcast.
This is an in-person class at CityDance @ Friendship Heights, 5207 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington DC 20015.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, CityDance has implemented the following policies for the health and well-being of all our adult students:
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test is required to attend all in-person classes and workshops.
- Pre-registration is required for all in-person classes and workshops.
- Masks are required at all times while in the building, including during class.
View our full COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan HERE. We are continually reassessing the external environment and will update our COVID-19 policies as the situation evolves.
This class is taught in a hybrid format, meaning all classes are live-streamed simultaneously during a live in-person class. By signing up for this class, students acknowledge that they are sharing the class experience with in-person students and will not be receiving a virtual-only class experience.
Registration is for 1 enrollment per person.
How will this work?
- Register for the class using the link above.
- Upon receiving your confirmation receipt, you will receive a second email with the Zoom Meeting Link.
- Happy Dancing!
To prepare for the class:
- Download the Zoom app on your computer, phone, or device.
- Clear space for you to move freely and safely.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for your space.
If the class has low attendance, it may be subject to cancellation.