CityDance School and Conservatory: Exciting News about Our New CityDance Campus and 2020 Summer Program Updates
Dear CityDance Family,
We are pleased and happy to announce the relocation of our current School and Conservatory Rockville campus from 1570 East Jefferson Street (behind the Congressional Mall) to our permanent new space on Parklawn Drive, which is very close to our Strathmore Music Center Studios. The beautiful Strathmore Music Center will remain the home of our CityDance Conservatory Program.
As many of you know, we are subtenants to the American Dance Institute (ADI), which has now moved all of their programming to New York. The ADI lease will end on June 30, 2020, and therefore our agreement will also come to an end.
During the past several years, the School & Conservatory has experienced many successes resulting in an expansion in both student population and development in programming that has guided our search for a new location. We have been fortunate to find the new Parklawn site, and at 15,000 square feet of space, we can build out and expand from five studios to six! There will still be free parking and just a five minute drive to and from Strathmore.
We are very excited about our new space, where we can continue to offer excellent, high-quality programming in dance education and performance.
Due to the build out of the six new studios and in order to be ready for fall programming, it will be necessary to make slight adjustments to our upcoming 2020 summer programming. In 2021, we anticipate a full return to our robust summer programming June through August.
The following summer programs will take place in their full breadth:
Intensive @ Our Rockville Location:
Dance Theatre of Harlem at CityDance
Orientation Day: Monday, June 15 (4pm-8pm)
Intensive: Tuesday, June 16 - Saturday, June 20; Monday, June 22 - Friday, June 26 (9am-5pm)
June 15-25 @ Rockville. Final day and showings will be on Friday, June 26 @ Strathmore.
Camps and Dance Up @ Our Strathmore Location
- Circus of the Stars (Ages 4-6) Tuesday, June 16 - Friday, June 19 (Ages 4-6, 9am-3pm)
- Tiger Story / Anansi Story (Ages 4-6) June 22 -26 (Ages 4-6, 9am-3pm) Please note: Camp ends at 1pm on the last day of camp.
- Tales of the Wonderland (Alice and the Cheshire Cat) Tuesday, June 16 - Friday, June 19 and Monday, June 22 - Friday, June 26 (Ages 7-9, 9am-3pm) Please note: Camp ends at 2pm on the last day of camp.
- Dance UP Tuesday, June 16 - Friday, June 19 and Monday, June 22 - Thursday, June 25 (Ages 10-14, 9am-3:45pm)
The following programs will be slightly adjusted which will result in 25% fewer placement spots for this summer. If you are accepted and interested in these wonderful summer programs, please sign up right away to secure your spot.
- Koresh & CityDance's Vaganova for the 21st Century | Monday, July 6 - Friday, July 17 9am-5pm @ Strathmore
- CityDance International Intensive | Monday, July 20 - Friday, July 31 9am-5pm @ Strathmore
- School Back to Dance and Conservatory Back to Dance | Monday, August 17 - Friday, August 28 @ Strathmore - TBD
NOTE: Students who have auditioned for our summer programs will receive a seperate email with more details soon.
Due to space constraints for this summer only, the following programs will NOT be held as planned this July 2020:
- Peter and the Wolf / Sirius the Wolf Star | July 6-10 and July 13-17 (Ages 7-9, 9am-3pm)
- Dance UP I | July 6-10 and July 13-17 (Ages 10-14, 9am-3:45pm)
- Dance Up II | July 20-24 and July 27-31 (Ages 10-14, 9am-3:45pm)
If you have paid for one of these programs listed above, then you have the following options:
- Request that your registration be switched to one of our June programs
- Request a credit to be used towards your 2020-21 school year tuition
- Request a full refund
As our summer programs fill quickly and often necessitate a wait-list, we strongly encourage our current students to secure a coveted CityDance Summer spot and take advantage of our early-bird discounts. Please note as we have fewer summer program options there are less spots available so we highly recommend registering as soon as possible before our summer enrollment is closed.
Thank you for entrusting CityDance with your child’s dance education. We truly enjoy training each and every one of our students and consider them to be a part of our CityDance family. We sincerely appreciate your patience as we transition into our new Parklawn campus. We are so excited and look forward to welcoming all of our students for another fabulous CityDance Summer and joining us as we embark on our journey to our brand new studios in the fall!
Alexe Nowakowski, President & CEO
Lorraine Spiegler, Founding Artistic Director, CityDance School & Conservatory
Asanga Domask, Managing Director, CityDance School