Call for DREAM Community Connections Teachers
CityDance DREAM Community Connections is a 20-week after-school dance program providing classes throughout DC. Candidates should have a passion for youth development, extensive experience teaching and training in various dance styles and an excitement working with students ages 7-10.
What you'll do:
- Teach a variety of dance genres in DC Public Schools
- Monitor students
- Use an Advanced Youth Development approach in the dance classroom
- Develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Be a team player and contribute to the growth of our programs.
- Enjoy working for an organization that uses dance as a pathway for youth to graduate from high school, discover their potential and pursue their dreams.
- You are a resident in the USA.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a relative field.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar position prefered.
- You have strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Any other languages are a plus.
- You are able to diagnose and solve problems with varying complexity with a youth-focused mindset.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are passionate about dance and its transformative power.
Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job:
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use music/dance related equipment.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand and move around around the studio and building for extended periods of time and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires ability to get to and from classes in various DC communities
CityDance is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
- Please send resume PDF Format only to email@example.com
- Subject of email: Job Post_ DREAMCCTeachers18 – “applicant last name”
- Title resume document: Resume_DREAMCCTeachers18 – “applicant’s last name” or include in email a link to LinkedIn or other online CV or resume.