Call for DREAM Connections Faculty
CityDance DREAM Connections, engages communities through after-school dance programs and community performances at schools and community sites across our nation’s capital. Candidates interested in teaching in our 20-week after-school dance program should have a passion for youth development, extensive experience teaching and training in various dance styles, and an excitement working with students ages 7-10 in a non-traditional dance environment.
What you'll do:
- Teach a variety of dance genres in an after-school setting
- Plan weekly lesson plans (in accordance with (to meet the goals of) DREAM Connections curriculum
- Engage students daily in a series of dance and community building activities
- Ensure the emotional and physical safety of students
- Deepen and refine an Advanced Youth Development approach through professional development and classroom practice
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with students, families and site administration on behalf of DREAM
- Join a community of dance faculty and youth development practitioners passionate about contributing to the growth of our programs.
- Support at-large DREAM events
- Enjoy working for an organization that positions youth to push boundaries, unlock potential and pursue their dreams through the transformative power of dance.
- Teach weekly classes during after-school hours
- Make a commitment from August-May
- You are a resident in the USA.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a relative field.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar position preferred.
- You have availability during after-school hours
- You can make a commitment from August-May
- You have strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Any other languages are a plus.
- You are able to diagnose and solve problems with varying complexity with a youth-focused mindset.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are passionate about dance and its transformative power.
Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job:
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use music/dance related equipment.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand and move around the studio and building for extended periods of time and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires ability to get to and from classes in various DC communities
CityDance is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please send resume PDF Format only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of email: Job Post_ DREAMCCTeachers19 – “applicant last name”
Title resume document: Resume_DREAMCCTeachers19 – “applicant’s last name” or include in email a link to LinkedIn or other online resume.